Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Planning to Sin

Daily Thoughts and Encouragement for January 22, 2015
 
Planning to Sin
 
Daily Reading: Romans 13: 11-14.
 
 
Yup I didn't put the "daily thought" on. Its important for this blog that all the thoughts come from you. And I like to shake it up.
 
Today I want to bring up something rarely talked about in Churches. Sure, they all talk about sin and not to do it and etc. I want to discuss something more pressing. Something that so many churches are avoiding.
 
I was not always Christian. I lead a very secular life. I get it. In fact, when I started deciding to take this Christian thing seriously, this topic hit me square in the face. You see, while most Christians are doing their best trying to avoid sin, the rest of the world embraces it. Enjoys it. I mean, we didn't just sin. We planned on it. Friday night rolls around and we were out in full blown Sin mode. We even dressed up for it. It was fun for us. Getting drunk? You betcha. Sexually Immoral? With any luck. Its what society calls fun and a good time.
 
When your caught in that life, it is hard to break from. It really is. It is like trying to reprogram yourself. But it is possible. As much as it is hard to believe, I am telling you that if you are in that life now- there is another life that will make you even happier and be twice as rewarding. But the steps to get there are yours to take.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment